Tuesday, September 13, 2011

JUST A SONG

sometimes when you want to do the one thing that you love the most and you can't do it , you go insane.....this poem is about a person who wants to listen to his favorite song.......


Just a song is what I wish for
Some peace to let us alone
Just me and my beloved song
I come back everyday
To the life lived no other way
I like the sound of others around me
Life sprouting up and life aging away
But not as much as my song
Long forgotten in the voices that I hear all the time
Angry cookers and scheming wives
I tried you know
Tried the all time favorite
Finding peace in the obvious sounds
Sounds of life around me
Brimming with innocence, joy
And the revenge of normalcy
Left no corner unheard
Waiting for some privacy
For me and my beloved song
But they disagreed
The ones making music around me
Found vulgarity in my wish
Then one day it was the turn of the day
To turn into the chosen one
The day I would say no
The day I would light the match
Set fire to my burning desire
Let the song fondle me
Lick me with the tune
Devour me with the beats
Moving Up and down
Through my spine
Playing with me on the dusty tape recorder
Making love to me in the silence
The silence of my burnt down house
For a moment I felt at home
With me and my calmed down soul
Till the sirens interrupted
Bringing what I knew was coming
 Feeling like the joyous groom
The groom of a black widow spider
 

1 comment:

  1. WE all have been a part of this song, some time or another for different various things. Be it listlessly rolling a joint on the rooftop or picking a career of choice.. The potent dwelling anger, the outbursts, the meltdown.. it's so invasive & true. Bravo for penning down a million thoughts for rebels with or without a cause..

    ReplyDelete